CASA23 Event – Code of Conduct
We are dedicated to providing a respectful, inclusive, and safe environment for all participants at CASA23. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for behavior from all sponsors, attendees, speakers, volunteers, and staff involved in our event.
- Treat all participants with kindness, respect, and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be considerate in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal or written comments that harm an individual or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, national origin, ethnicity, or profession.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides).
- Unwanted physical contact or sexual attention.
- Disruptive behavior during presentations or at other event venues.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop such behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact event organizers immediately. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Remember, by fostering a respectful and inclusive environment, we can ensure the event is enjoyable and beneficial for everyone. This Code of Conduct applies both within event venues and in public spaces when an individual is representing the event.
The organizers reserve the right to revise this Code of Conduct at any time without notice and to apply their interpretation of the code in all instances. All decisions are final and not subject to appeal.